Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I'm Home

Do I honestly believe
I can
follow you anywhere
along the
red river trolley
lines
but a stop is requested
no stops are ever requested
on
this line down past
the surface of the bank
vault front
don't
        worry
               so much I left my
money inside like a good boy
like
everyone else-- you won't
wait up drifting thought
sky like
knives on screen door
dreaming
swinging dreaming
              I'm gonna hitch
a ride on the next car thru
and
pick you
up at the station
the only station in
town
where the old couple becomes
the new couple
in front of bunk bed
stacks
the cave where gypsy
spray paints nonsense on
the walls
telling
us about the fantasy
in ketchup/mustard
X's
I must be here/arrived
I mustn't be lost

They picked all the apples
years before
in the future and ate them
backwards in time--
I like the smell
of their never once were
existence--

They'll make nice trophies along
my roof

From the river I see the cells
and people waving
I'm home
forgetting we were supposed to
meet

No comments:

Post a Comment