Friday, July 8, 2016

the difference

That man is me but nobody knows me

I'm not content in my house locked up but here I am
anyway

3 floors up 3 more floors below ground

think of all the bones stuck in cement

of many many buildings on each
street

many sidewalks underneath

That voice is me but nobody knows me

I'm not able to lead by my words or by my
hand

3 words into the microphone 3 words come echo back

think of all the years left as nothing behind you

of many many thoughts come to
naught

many thoughts not worth it

That body is me but nobody knows me

I'm not able to pull the trees from out the grip of dying
cars

more metal mind than stem

think of all the fields with low lying grass

of many many little hearts meant for
roadkill

many more will cower alone

That mind is me but nobody knows me

I'm not willing to let go of my blood red
release

3 knives to the back before 3 get me on the street

think of all the pain we can cause

many many acts of retribution
earned

many more to come

That man is me but nobody knows me

No comments:

Post a Comment