Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The men take my eyes and go

my right eye feels heavy,
it twitches, argh,
I'm killing it, I'm going blind,

am I going blind?

remove your glasses,
eye sinks into skull,
I'm laying on my back,
trying to relax, it's not working,

there's jazz vomiting from
the black box stealing my view,
I suspect it, it watches me,
blazes a million invisible bulbs
into my eye, spears of light
and tiring hate,

put your glasses back on,
screen won't go any duller,
I'm forced to stay leaning on
my elbow, it's getting numb
so I return to my back,

the ceiling looks far away,
it's funny like that and white,
I watch it for a long time
until I don't.

1 comment:

  1. I had the urge to press a hand on my eye while reading this. You captured a shitty, restless time quite well.

    ReplyDelete