Thursday, March 15, 2012

And the angel asked one dream of me, of which I gave this one

Where are you
on this too big earth
waiting for me?

I'll hit the miles
to carry you home
and rest you in our bed

we can just lie there
for as long as we like,
reading the lines on the ceiling,

I'll hold you close
for the scent of your clothes
on my skin,

a breeze through the window
rattling picture frames
of the past, the low rumble outside

the screen, sounding far off,
eating away at our bones
locked in grinding halt,

water falls blueish brown
under my bridge, my aching bones,
your tired brown eyes

dragging me to sleep,
beautiful brown eyes I see
in waking dreams,

there's a low stone wall
and white petals blowing silently
through your dark hair.

1 comment:

  1. Damn, dude. Once again, you capture all the moments in a moment.

    ReplyDelete