Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Post Title (Road Pome)

There's paint slapped onto
my sky, thick like an impression
on my aching--scratch ink into
leather bound sketch journal
one long poem out of love, want to
take road poem and turn that into
novella that's effortlessly sad but beautiful and bring
back those days roaring through
Ohio, Indiana, Illinois--breakfast,
sausage gravy--bat factory--beer--
Dave and Joe up front and me studying maps
in the back, shouting directions--no GPS
bullshit, horseshit--doing it ourselves,
it's been three months--three million years,
the crops are shriveled junk melted down
and shot into our arms, the city is torn down
about my knees--I've nothing left but
survival and words

1 comment:

  1. I liked all of this. Good fucking lines:

    "the crops are shriveled junk melted down
    and shot into our arms, the city is torn down
    about my knees"

    ReplyDelete