Thursday, October 20, 2016

Was there ever?

you never broke my heart
but you ran away
you made me chase you through the summer snow
through my many memories of you
through meadows where white sheets hung to dry
though it rained and rained in daydreams
yet the sky stayed so blue so blue
though it was never so cold as it seemed
and I could only catch the sunlight off your sun drenched heels
as you turned your head as you turned away
brushing your fingers lightly on the seams of your hair
i remember then every day was spring or like fall
though there were many miles between
my bed and how many miles between yours
like years between each drop of rain
between each flowing ivory sheet
between each gust of wind tangled in your white dress
was there ever a time I cannot recall
when it was not you and me?

No comments:

Post a Comment