Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Everybody Read this Poem!

Everybody read
this poem!

it's come a long way
          *
it says less than
I want it to
but it's more
than I thought
I'd be able to say
          *
SIGNED & Dated
          *
a skeleton man
smokes a kief pipe
mutters about
hashish
got a friendly
robot by his side
arms raised up
into the air
feet are caterpillar
tracked
          *
they're both washed out
          *
they both wasted
          *
they dig this poem
quite a bit
'cause it's about us
says the robot
skeleton makes
no movement on
hearing just puffs
puffs
          *
puffs
          *
I drop an apple core
on the ground
for birds
they nibble away
watching me out
corner of black
eyes
          *
I write novels
sometimes
as poems
on paper
or plastic
recycled
          *
I misplace
the ending.

2 comments: