Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Spells

you take all
the pieces left out
re-arranged on my
skin, cut them into
semi-circles

I watch lights
from your window
mimic the moon
cast shadows
on ingrown walls

they writhe like
my mind like living

BEING

I crush it all in
my hands like leaves
like plants as wind
screams through trees
a million years away
in a forest a thousand
years long

you run your tongue
up my arm and magenta
slivers of space cloud
my vision

there is a puzzle spread
on the floor that once
was me

I am tasked with
putting it back together
each

NIGHT

the villagers believe
it to be a curse, they
keep away--I am
spelled they say under
unwashed breaths--

with new eyes
you see naked into
the stars pull bodies
from cosmic dust

I can only handle one
task at a time,
so I chip chip away
at the dull rocks
with dull axe

TIRED

you watch as I fall to shredded
images, semi-circle plates
you are cooked and molded
perfect

I am all tongues and saliva
and sweat

sinking
sulking
summoning
sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment