Monday, February 15, 2010

A dinner for two without reservations

Sometimes I feel like ceviche isn't actually cooked,
like, how do I know that the citrus acids
had enough time to prepare the fish
so it isn't raw?

Then again I know the water in my fish tank
has a good pH because the fish are still swimming
and waiting for me to feed them,

I see my reflection in them,
grey cast eyes looking through glass,
unable to see through that glass,
out into an alien world of careless giants,
marching across suffocating carpeted valleys
towards soft leather mountains,
unknowingly contemplating their end
with every moist flake ingested,
turning in constantly shrinking circles
until they cease to exist or give up living--

on
the other side of the glass
of course,

Once again though,
I'm reminded,
I still haven't answered that ceviche question.

No comments:

Post a Comment