Thursday, July 2, 2015

the brown waves of the earth

fall,
the brown waves of the earth
hurl yourself upon my feet,
rise,
the brown waves of the earth
carry me to the west,
unfurl,
you brown waves of the earth
before my ancient eye west,
sink,
you brown waves of the earth
away from my east in ecstasy,
west,
the brown waves of the earth
lap at rocky mountain heights,
east,
the brown waves of the earth
stand on Mississippi shores,
perfect,
you brown waves of the earth
are in our dreams,
absolute,
the brown waves of the earth
and your golden grain,
pure,
you brown waves of the earth
and your big blue skies,
mysterious,
the brown waves of the earth
your high and low plains,
forever,
you brown waves of the earth
and your pioneers,
indelible,
the brown waves of the earth
roll and pitch in prairie swells,
unblemished,
the brown waves of the earth
remain in our hearts,
impermanent,
the brown waves of the earth,
as I am at your feet,
ethereal,
you brown waves of the earth
are mother to america
always,
the brown waves of the earth,
always,
you brown waves of the earth,
when I am lost,
when I am lost,
the brown waves of the earth
point me home,
are my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment